The Fourth of July will soon be here. July is the top month for grilling. It’s also the top month for grilling related fires.
Here’s a few safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to keep your grilling season safe:
- Use propane and charcoal grills outdoors only.
- Place the grill well away from your home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Put safety rules for kids in place. Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill area.
- Clean your grill often, removing any grease or fat buildup from the grates and in the trays below.
- Stay next to your grill at all times while cooking; never leave the area unattended .
For more information and resources, check out NFPA’s Cooking Fire Safety Central webpage. It’s loaded with more safety tips on grilling and cooking safely.
ABOUT HURLEY INSURANCE
Since 1939, Hurley Insurance has been serving the personal insurance, business insurance and life insurance needs of all of Lawrence and Scioto Counties in Ohio. A long time Grange independent insurance agency located in Ironton, OH, Hurley Insurance has deep roots in the community, and is committed to providing the highest quality local service to our clients.