Mobile apps are changing the way the world works. We now shop with them, we choose restaurants based on them, they serve as maps to get us from place to place and, of course, they are wonderful time wasters loaded with games and social media apps.
One thing you may not have thought about is using them for safety. The American Red Cross has an amazing selection of free apps. The available apps include:
- First Aid (Family)- info on handling the most common first aid emergencies
- First Aid (Pets) – The same, only for your dog or cat
- Blood Donation Appointments
- Emergency – Monitors 35 different severe weather outlets for you
- Tornado – App will notify you whenever the NOAA issues a tornado warning
- Hurricane – Same as for tornadoes. Useful it you are traveling
- Earthquake – Get notification and information in the event of an earthquake
- Wildfires – Get planning tips, news and information
- Flood – info on preparation and evacuation
We encourage you to take a moment and download the relevant app. You may not be able to get this information during an actual emergency.
ABOUT HURLEY INSURANCE
Since 1939, Hurley Insurance has been serving the personal insurance, business insurance and life insurance needs of all of Lawrence and Scioto Counties in Ohio. A long time Grange independent insurance agency located in Ironton, OH, Hurley Insurance has deep roots in the community, and is committed to providing the highest quality local service to our clients.